Prayer Meetings in Brisbane & South East QLD
In addition to, the monthly “Brisbane Prays” meetings, (every 2nd Thursday of the month 7 -9pm at the Uniting Church in Kangaroo Point) ……. we would also like to let you know about other prayer and worship meetings in Brisbane and South East Queensland (organised by others), that are open to Christians from all denominations.
Prayer meetings (weekly or monthly) to pray for our region, state and nation are happening at:
- Brisbane Central: City, Kangaroo Point, Suncorp etc (Jump to Brisbane Central)
- Brisbane Southside & East: Nathan, Greenslopes, Coorparoo, Wynnum and Capalaba (Jump to Brisbane Southside)
- Brisbane West: Kenmore (Jump to Brisbane Western Suburbs)
- Brisbane Northside: Bald Hills. (Jump to Brisbane Northside)
- Moreton Bay and Sunshine Coast Region: Redcliffe, Kallangur, Caboolture and Tanawha. (Jump to Moreton Bay Region)
- Ipswich & Lockyer Valley: Ipswich, Oakey, Plainlands, Gatton and Toowoomba.(Jump to Ipswich and Lockyer Valley)
- Toowoomba. (Jump to Toowoomba)
- Gold Coast: Carrara and Mudgeeraba. (Jump to Gold Coast)
- Regional Queensland Prayer meetings can be found on the Queensland Prays page. They include the following towns and cities: Cairns, Charters Towers, Maryborough, Rockhampton, Bundaberg, Goodawindi and Tanawha.
- A summary of regular prayer meetings and National Day of Prayer & Fasting Events for South East Queensland can be found at the very bottom of the page.
Prayer in Central Brisbane
Brisbane Prays Monthly Prayer Meetings- Kangaroo Pt
Who: Christians from all denominations are welcome. We nearly have as many churches represented as we have people coming.
Why: To pray for Brisbane, Queensland and Australia.
When: Every second Thursday of the month between 7pm and 9pm. Including these dates: 13 Feb 20, 12 March 20, 9 April 20, 14 May 20, 11 June 20, 9 July 2020, 13 Aug 20, 10 Sept 20, 8 Oct 20, 12 Nov 20, 10 Dec 20.
Venue: Uniting Church 40-48 Linton Rd, Kangaroo Point . (Its about 1 block away from the Gabba stadium on the city side.)
Kangaroo Pt Uniting Church
Parking: If coming along Ipswich Rd/Main St i Kangaroo Point, then turn into Princess St where you will see a MacDonalds and Kentucky Fried Chicken on each corner. Main bitumen car park is off Princess St within first block. A gravel car park also exists off Linton St.
Suncorp Stadium /Lang Park
Further events at or in grounds of Suncorp stadium or its surrounds are under consideration, after the success of the 17 June 19 event. The next one will most likely be in June 2020 at Lang Park/Suncorp, to coincide with the anniversary of the first one. These will be posted on http://www.brisbaneprays.com/prayer-at-suncorp-stadium/ on this website when further details become available.
Prayer on Brisbanes’ Southside
Blazing Altar Prophetic Worship:
What? Prayer, Intercession & Worship for kingdom justice issues. Training in styles of prayer, praise & the prophetic. Prayer is often divided into language groups ie Korean, Chinese and English.
Where? Brisbane Healing Rooms Building at 53B Fairlawn St, Nathan 4111 (see map below for a rough location)
When? Every Saturday 6.15pm ( to approx 8.30-9 pm)
Who? Anyone from South East Queensland that has a heart for prayer & worship is welcome.
Run by? Lions Roar House of Prayer
Questions? More info contact Glen Vines on 0403 062 915 or email@example.com or follow the Lion’s Roar House of Prayer on facebook www.facebook.com/LionsRoarHop/.
Directions? If you turn into Fairlawn St from Toohey Rd, who will go past the Ambulance Station and Motorama, and then see a sign “Brisbane Healing Rooms” at the front of a curved driveway, turn in there and park. The Healing Rooms building faces Fairlawn St and has a few palm trees in front of it. If you are catching the bus you will need to get off at Stop 53 “Toohey Forest” on Toohey Rd and then walk down Fairlawn St.
Lions Roar Prayer Room:
Every Thursday at 6:30pm at the Healing Rooms (see above map & directions). Contact Glen Vines (as above) for exact address. People of prayer who want to pray and soak in the presence of God are most welcome.
They are specially inviting Christian musicians who want to connect with others to develop worship skills.
Brisbane Spirit Led Prayer Conference – March 2020
When:Thurs night 12th March to Saturday afternoon 14th March 2020
Where: Rhema Family Church, 19 Tolmer Place, Springwood rhema.org.au
Speakers: Terri Copeland Pearsons, Ps Margaret Court and Patsy Cameneti
Tickets: Free at www.eventbrite.com.au/e/brisbane-spirit-led-prayer-conference-2020-registration. Sessions will also be able to watched after the event for free (on demand) at kcm.org.au .
More Info: i.kcm.org.au/slpc20/ or 07 3343 7777
Southside Prayer Rooms- Greenslopes
The Brisbane House of Prayer meets at the Greenslopes Baptist Church at different times in the week. For more information check out www.brisbanehop.org/ (The BHOP is a separate ministry to the church, that use the facilities of the Greenslopes Baptist Church.)
Members of the Greenslopes Baptist Church (& their friends from other churches) in addition to the ‘Brisbane House of Prayer’ often meet in the house on the left side of the main church building for prayer & worship.
Address: Greenslopes House of Prayer, Greenslopes Baptist Church, 39 Dunellan Street (Corner of Henry St), Greenslopes, QLD 4120, greenslopesbc.org.au
Location of Greenslopes Baptist Church
Sunrise or Early Morning Prayer in Wynnum
When: Monday mornings at 7am (occasionally they will have a break during school holidays, or start at a earlier time in summer).
Where: In the summer months they have met on the Wynnum Jetty to pray (and also enjoy the sunrise). In the colder months they meet at a private home in Wynnum at 7am. They may also meet at a local church.
Aim: To pray for and bless our city, state, nation and government.
More info: Contact Maria to find out the current location on 0413 449283
Prayer in Redlands
Prayer in Capalaba -Friday Lunch
What: Pray Redlands City
When: 12 noon to 1pm every Friday. (Has been running since 2008.)
Where: Meeting Room 1, Council Chambers, Capalaba Place, 1 Noleen St, Capalaba
Contact: Jenny on 0410 598 887 for more info.
Figure: Noleen St Capalaba
Prayer in Brisbane Western Suburbs
Prayer in Kenmore
Aim: Pray for the Nation
When: Every Tuesday morning 9:30 to 11:30am February to November
Where: Private residence in Kenmore
For more info contact: Elaine on 0419 708734
Prayer in Brisbane’s Northern Suburbs & Moreton Bay Region
There are three weekly to monthly prayer (& worship) meetings in the Moreton Bay area.
Prayer in Bald Hills
What: Prayer for Nation
When: 1st Sunday Night of the month (except for January)
Where: A couples home in Bald Hills
Contact: Jill Lashbrook 0448 559935 or Glen Vines on 0403 062 915 to find out the exact location.
General Location of Sunday night Prayer Meeting for the Nation
Prayer in Moreton Bay Region page jump.
Prayer in Redcliffe
What? Prayer for Australia
Where? 7 Ashmole Rd, Redcliffe at Lord of the Breakthrough. See map below for an approximate location. (Near intersection of Ashmole Rd and Anzac Ave -2nd building south)
Who? Christians from all churches are welcome.
When? 3rd Friday of each month at 7pm (except January & December)
Contact: Carol at email: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0421 853452
Location of ‘Lord of the Breakthrough’, Ashmole Rd. (Second building back from Anzac Ave.)
To help you find the prayer meeting, the church has a “open for prayer” sign in flashing lights similar to a fish ‘n’ chip shop in the front window. The rear parking lot is accessed from Hibiscus street or you can just park out the front on Ashmole Rd. Most people enter the church through the back door near the carpark.
Lord of the Breakthrough (www.breakthrough.net.au) is a good environment to meet for prayer, as the church has been meeting daily for early morning prayer for 20 years (6am to 7:30am). You are welcome to join their normal Saturday 6am to noon prayer meeting which prays into current issues affecting our nation.
Prayer in Kallangur (Pine Rivers /Moreton Area)
What: Monday Night Prayer & Worship, for the combined churches in the Pine Rivers Area and beyond.
Who: Come and join the 70-80 others that have been coming recently to pray, worship and soak in God’s presence. Every night is a bit different, as different worship bands lead from different churches. Many come from the Pine Rivers, Burpengary, Caboolture, Redcliffe and Brisbane’s Northside areas. Most choose to sit on cushions and beanbags that are spread out on the floor, though there are a few chairs at the back of the room too.
When: Between 7 to 8.30pm every Monday night (except for break over Christmas period).
Where: ‘Rivers’ Church of Christ, 120 Ann St, Kallangur 4503.
For more info: Whilst it is usually on every Monday night, it doesn’t hurt to double check their Monday Night Prayer & Worship facebook page.
Over the Easter break for the last few years, the ‘Rivers’ Church of Christ has hosted 72 Hours of non stop Prayer and Worship for the combined churches of the area. They also ushered in the new year in 19/20 with an extended prayer & worship event in Brisbane City. So check their facebook post to find out the latest.
Location of Rivers Church of Christ, 120 Ann St, Kallangur
Prayer in Caboolture
The Caboolture Region Intercessors meets every Tuesday 2pm in Caboolture itself to pray for revival and God’s outpouring. For further information and the address contact Shirley on 0411 305552.
Prayer on the Sunshine Coast
Regular Prayer in Tanawha on the Sunshine Coast
Where: Kingdom House Tanawha, 1 Main Creek Rd, Tanawha, QLD 4556 (Sunshine Coast)
Parking: Plenty of parking available. Not close to public transport.
When: Usually weekly on weekdays or weekends (or both), though not always on each week. Please refer to kingdomhouse.com.au/whats-on/ or facebook.com/kingdomhousetanawha/ to find out when the next prayer meeting is on.
More Info: Contact Jason Sheehy at email@example.com or on 0402085837.
Location of Kingdom House Tanawha on the Sunshine Coast
Prayer in Ipswich
Friday Morning Prayer in Ipswich
When: 7:30 to 8:30am every Friday
Where: Boulevarde (end of arcade), 17 Limestone St, Ipswich.
Contact: For more info contact Hans Booij on 0403 064419.
Map to help locate 17 Limestone St, Ipswich
Friday Evening Monthly Prayer in Ipswich
Where? Humanities Building in South St, Ipswich. See map below for a rough location of where to go.
When? Last Friday of every month at 7pm
Who? Anyone from Ipswich or South East Queensland that has a heart for prayer is welcome.
Run by? Ipswich Awakening. www.ipswichawakening.com.au These prayer meetings have been faithfully held monthly for 30 plus years.
Questions? More info contact Ruth Booij or Lee-Anne on 07 3812 1977 (Ipswich Awakening office), or email Annie Cathcart.
Saturday Morning Prayer in Ipswich
Prayer at Lions Lookout – Queens Park Ipswich – Every Saturday morning at 6am, a group of early risers meet together to pray over Ipswich. To get to the lookout, you can enter via Chermside Road (just above the ‘Five Ways’ intersection) and follow this road around to the left and up the hill.
Lions Lookout Ipswich
If you live in the Ipswich region, you may also want to join a facebook group called “Pray for Ipswich“, as occasionally other prayer meetings may be organised or notified through this facebook group.
Prayer in the Lockyer Valley
Prayer & Praise in Gatton
What: “Lockyer Prayer and Praise meeting”
When: Every second Sunday from 5-6pm
Where: Gatton Church of Christ, Cnr Hickey & Allan St, Gatton
Location of Gatton Church of Christ
There is also a monthly Chaplaincy Prayer Breakfast held in different churches in Gatton from 7:30 to 9:30am.
Prayer in Plainlands:
What: Lockyer Intercessors
Where: Faith Works International Church, Plainlands
When: 4 to 6pm on the last Thursday of the month
Location of Faith Works International Church in Plainlands
Prayer in Toowoomba
There are two prayer meetings, one “Toowoomba Regional Intercessors Meeting” Wednesdays between 10-12 noon, and the second Revival Prayer Watch Monday to Saturday between 7 to 9pm. More details below. (Note “The Hub” is no longer operational).
Toowoomba Regional Intercessors Meeting
When: Every Wednesday from 10am – 12 noon, and is open to visitors.
Where: Toowoomba City Church
Please contact Annie on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0401 556215 to confirm details and venue. It may have moved back to the Salvation Army Church (Cnr West St and Anzac Ave Toowomba) for 2018 & 2019 (where it was held in 2016).
Contact: This meeting is organized by Annie Cathcart. Please contact her if you require further information.
Location of Toowoomba City Church Neil/Thomas St Toowoomba
Revival Prayer Watch -Toowoomba
When: Monday, Tues & Thurs 7 pm- 9pm.
Where: Victory Life Toowoomba, Unit 8, Northlands Shopping Centre, Hume Street, Toowoomba.
Contact: by email: email@example.com , or by phone 07 4637 8364 during office hours (10 am- 2pm) Tue- Friday or mobile 0411 284611.
Prayer in Crows Nest
When: Every Tuesday noon to 2pm.
Where: Crows Nest
More Info: Please email Annie Cathcart for address etc.
Prayer in Oakey
A group meets to pray on alternate Mondays (2nd & 4th Monday of the month) between 10am to 12 noon. Includes prayer for the local schools. (The group usually breaks over the Christmas period.) Please contact Lesley on 0488 967 596 for more information.
Location of Oakey – Prayer group is in Oakey township but not in the main street as the marker indicates.
Prayer on the Gold Coast
Gold Coast House Of Prayer
Prayer for the Gold Coast region is held every 9.30am to noon on the 1st, 2nd & 3rd Wednesdays of the month; and then for Australia on 4th Wednesday of the month. The prayer meetings are held at 148 Eastlake St, Carrara. Take Exit 75 off the M1 freeway.
The Gold Coast House of Prayer is open every week at different times for prayer meetings. It is located at the City Link Resource Centre at 148 Eastlake St, Carrara on the Gold Coast.
Contact: Gold Coast House of Prayer oneheartgc.com.au . For more information about prayer meetings on the Gold Coast please contact Len Rossow on 0488 289 950 or on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Map showing location of 148 Eastlake St, Carrara on the Gold Coast.
Gold Coast “Firehouses” at Parkwood and Mudgeeraba
For more info see http://www.thefirehouse.org.au/local_firehouses . This link no longer works so best to contact Cheryl Lindley australianarc.org.au/ for more information.
The “Parkwood” firehouse in 2019 was meeting at the Gold Coast House of Prayer (148 Eastlake St, Carrara) on Friday mornings 9:30 to 11:30am. See map above for location.
Various Other Prayer Opportunities
You could also check out a new database and map of Australian and International locations of prayer meetings at www.PrayfortheNations.com to see whether there are any additional groups in your area listed there. It offers a Global Calendar and Map with flames that indicating where people are praying.
If you are a leader of a local or online group you are welcome to register your group at www.PrayfortheNations.com and put your group on the Map and in the Calendar! Help create a day and night ongoing prayer canopies over our nation!
However please remember to update your group details as soon as it changes, and note whether it has any breaks over Christmas or school holidays etc. No one wants to make the effort to turn up to pray and find that it is not on, or the location has changed 🙁
The call to Pray for the Nations is continuous all year.
Prayer Opportunities in Regional Queensland
Please refer to this page on this website.
Prayer Opportunities Online and in your Home
You can join in some online prayer meetings via using “Zoom” on your computer with people from around Australia.
The National Day of Prayer team are running Monday night 7pm to 8pm Zoom calls that people from all over Australia join in on. (Running in 2019 and continuing in 2020).
You could also start your own Zoom, Skype, Facetime or telephone conference to pray with friends.
We would also encourage you to use the resource of the live 24 hour 7 day per week 365 day per year prayer room provided by the International House Of Prayer in Kansas City USA in your homes, and to contextualize it to the Brisbane and Australian situation. The live prayer room can be found at http://www.ihopkc.org/prayerroom/ . A few of the leaders from the International House of Prayer have previously visited Australia and Brisbane to encourage and teach us about prayer and fasting. More about online opportunities for those that can’t make it to a prayer meeting here.
Yearly Prayer Events
To find out more about the yearly opportunities for pray for Brisbane, Queensland & the nation please check out the other menu’s on this website. Details of the past events that have been held on the National Day of Prayer at Queensland Parliamentary Annexe or the Brisbane City Hall, can be found under the Past Events menu item, if you were wanting an idea of what is usually held each year in either February or March. To find out about or get involved in a Bible Reading Marathon that have been held in conjunction with the National Day of Prayer and Fasting check out this page.
Summary of Regular Prayer Meetings in South East Queensland
- Kangaroo Point- Uniting Church Linton St – Brisbane Prays – 2nd Thursday night of month 7pm to 9pm;
- Redcliffe – Lord of Breakthough 7 Ashmole Rd – 3rd Friday night of month;
- Kallangur – Rivers Church Ann St – every Monday night;
- Bald Hills (Northside) – private home – 1st Sunday night of the month;
- Nathan (Southside) – 53B Fairlawn St- every Thursday and Saturday evening;
- Greenslopes (Southside) 39 Dunellan Street, usually Tuesday mornings and Thursday evenings;
- Wynnum – sunrise prayer Mondays 7am;
- Capalaba – Friday lunch hour at Council Chambers;
- Kenmore – private residence – Tues mornings;
- Caboolture – private residence – Tues arvo;
- Tanawha (Sunshine Coast) -Kingdom House Tanawha, 1 Main Creek Rd, – usually weekday and weekend – varies so need to check their FB page.
- Gold Coast – Gold Coast House of Prayer & City Link Resource Centre at 148 Eastlake St, Carrara – various times during week and month – see their website & FB page
- Ipswich, 17 Limestone St, – Friday morning 7:30 to 8:30am;
- Ipswich, South St – last Friday night of the month;
- Ipswich, Lions Lookout Queens Park, Saturday 7am;
- Gatton (Lockyer Valley) -Gatton Church of Christ, Cnr Hickey & Allan St, Every second Sunday from 5-6pm;
- Plainlands (Lockyer Valley)- Faith Works International Church, Plainlands – 4 to 6pm on the last Thursday of the month
- Toowoomba – Regional Intercessors Meeting – Wed morning 10am to noon
- Toowoomba,- Victory Life Unit 8, Northlands Shopping Centre, Hume Street, Monday, Tues & Thurs 7 pm- 9pm.
- Crows Nest – Tues arvo
- Oakey – 2nd & 4th Monday of the month between 10am to 12 noon
- Australia – online Zoom calls – National Day of Prayer team – Mondays 7pm to 8pm QLD time during summer (time does change Mar-Sept to align with day light savings time changes as its run from NSW)
National Day of Prayer Events for Feb 2020
A list of locations for the Queensland National Day of Prayer & Fasting held in February 2020 is given below, as an indicator of where they may be held next year. Further details can be found on the National Day of Prayer 2020 page.
- Brisbane City –Salvos 167 Ann St – 10am to 3pm Sat 22nd Feb 2020;
- King George Square, Brisbane City 6pm to 9pm Sat 22nd Feb;
- Speakers Corner (near Gardens Pt QUT and Parliament) – 72 hour Bible Reading Marathon Friday 21st 6pm to Monday 24th 6pm February 2020.
- Redcliffe, Lord of Breakthrough -7 Ashmole Rd, 10am to 4pm Sat 22nd Feb;
- Rothwell, The Hub, 1/16 Bremner Rd- two worship nights Fri 21st and Sat 22nd both 7pm to 9pm, Plus 24 hour prayer room starting Friday 21st at 9pm to 9pm Saturday 22nd;
- Bribie Island: Freedom Church, 195 First Ave, Bongaree -10am to 4pm Sat 22nd Feb
- Alexandra Hills (Redlands), Salvo’s -1-9 MacArthur St – 10am to 4pm Sat 22nd Feb;
- Leichhardt (Ipswich), Leichhardt Baptist, 59 Toongarra Rd, short one 10am to about noon 22 Feb;
- Toowoomba, Victory Life –8 Hume St, North Toowoomba, 10am to 4pm Sat 22nd Feb;
- Tanawha (Sunshine Coast) –Kingdom House, 1 Main Creek Rd, 10am to 4pm Sat 22nd Feb;
- Buderim (Sunshine Coast)-Uniting Church -2-10 Gloucester Rd,, 10am to 4pm Sat 22nd Feb;
- Carrara (Gold Coast), 148 Eastlake St, Carrara – Fri evening 21st 7pm to 9pm;
- Surfers Paradise (Gold Coast), River Church, 2 Monaco St, 10am to 2pm Sat 22nd;
- Tugun (Gold Coast), Living Temple Christian Church, 24 Toolona St, noon to 4pm Sat 22nd;
- Carrara (Gold Coast), ‘Our Community’ Unit 5/17 Indy Ct. Sat 22nd 6pm to 9pm
- Events were also be held at Ingleside, Maryborough, Hervey Bay, Charters Towers, Emerald. In North Queensland they were held at Millaa Millaa , Innisfail and Weipa.
- Webcast (Online) – A webcast, live from Parliament House lawns in Canberra, is usually available each National Day of Prayer and Fasting, with the link appearing on the homepage of the www.nationaldayofprayer.org.au on the day.